Sell your line into stores with confidence, and master the profitable wholesale channel
Get your business ready for wholesale – learn how to organise back of house processes so that you are ready for this exciting sales channel. You will learn how to attract stockists, how to sell to buyers and conduct professional showings, when to sell (buying seasons still apply!), how to process and manage orders, when to deliver, and most importantly, how to manage the financial side of the wholesale channel (sales targets and more!).
Great for: designers and brands with no or limited wholesale knowledge
STUDY WITH US
No deadline to complete
Study from anywhere
Private student group
Fashion agency contacts (Australia)
Who is this course for?
Fashion designers and brands who are ready to go wholesale.
Why do I need this course?
- To get the most out of wholesale
- Develop a sales strategy that is right for your business
- Avoid costly mistakes – learn how to structure, operate and manage your wholesale channel
- Save time – use our templates and pre-filled examples
- Save money – there’s no need to hire anyone to write your strategy
- Understand what is required from you in this exciting sales area
- Learn the processes so you can stand out as professional and trustworthy
- Understand profit and markups required in wholesale (retail, dropship and e-commerce)
- Gain competitive advantage
- Access to fashion agent contacts Australia)
- Video interviews with fashion agents and buyers! Hear from industry leaders
- Tutor support through the course (and mentoring available after)
The course consists of 4 modules which are designed to help you understand wholesale processes used by a fashion business.
The course structure is designed in a way that will build on your abilities and help you to understand what’s involved in selling wholesale. Each week you will receive a new course module, and each module has multiple lessons.
- Sales channels
- Sales goals & targets
- Profit margins and markup methods
- Glossary of wholesale terms
Sell your line
- Preparing for wholesale
- Buying & production calendar (annual)
- Finding stockists
- Showroom processes
- Example wholesale showing (video)
- Working with agents
- Fashion agencies (Australia)
BONUS! Video interviews with fashion agents and buyers
INDUSTRY SPECIFIC ADVICE
Access video interviews with Industry Insiders including fashion agents from Alice in La-La Fashion Agency & Amee Boers Fashion Agency, and head buyers from White Runway and Something Nice Boutique.
Done-for-you templates to use in your business
12 month sales & production calendar / schedule
Sales channel template
Order form template
Swatch card template
Line sheet template
Buyer email scripts
Fashion agent email scripts
Marketing | Digital | Sales
Vanja is an experienced fashion professional, and founder of The Fashion Darling.
Vanja has a Bachelor of Design and has worked in sales and marketing for many New Zealand designers including Liz Mitchell, Caroline Sills, Calliope and Richard Moore. She also had her own fashion label so she understands what emerging designers go through.
Building on her passion for marketing, Vanja studied marketing, management and digital, before landing key digital roles for City Beach, Napoleon Perdis and Ally Fashion. Now based in Sydney, she runs The Fashion Darling and coaches and mentors emerging designers.
Vanja is also a tutor and mentor at QUT Fashion Accelerator, where she teaches marketing and digital to emerging fashion designers.